Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More Vacation Pics

(Posted by Kyle)
Here are some pictures from Twin Falls, Idaho. Specifically, the Snake River Canyon. We stopped here our last night on the road, then spent the morning walking the trail along the rim of the canyon.

That's the canyon behind Stephanie.

Here I am, with my poor man's Big Game Hunter look going on.

The bridge going to Twin Falls. The first time I was in Twin Falls, I stopped during a snow storm and drove into town without even noticing the canyon. I drove over it the next morning and couldn't figure out how I had not seen it.

Those of you my age or older may recall watching Evel Knievel's failed jump over the canyon on the Wide World of Sports in 1974. The dirt ramp he used is still there, just a couple miles down from the bridge. New fact I learned this trip: Evel Knievel is from Butte, Montana, and we missed their annual Evel Knievel Days by a week.

Some pretty rapids and a waterfall a little farther down the canyon.

1 comment:

krisalyssa said...

that looks pretty, nice pictures!