Monday, September 21, 2009

Here's Cheeto!

(Posted by Kyle)


We had a busy but pleasant week. Our friend Amelia celebrated her birthday, so we went to dinner and a show the night of, and she hosted a potluck on the weekend. Our friend Toni came down from Seattle for the weekend and we had a great time visiting with her. Once again, we didn't take any pictures. We really aren't getting the hang of this blogging thing.

So, here are some pictures of our little cat, Cheeto, whose affections Toni and Amelia are currently fighting over. (I admit that that is a bit of a stretch for including the pictures, but it's all I've got.)




Here she is looking like a giant cat. Toni took this picture last summer. That makes it relevant to the post. Also, Sunday night Toni and I sat through the four hour long commercial TV presentation of Peter Jackson's King Kong, which has lots of giant animals in it, so there you go.



Another "Giant Cheeto" picture by Toni. I don't know why, but this reminds me of the Loch Ness Monster.


Cheeto has a few places that are hers and hers alone. She has laid claim to the top of our stools, the countertop by the window where she birdwatches, the area under the television which we call "Fort Cheeto," and her little condo in the corner, pictured above.



Lately she's been sleeping by the front door.




But like all the pets, she spends a good chunk of the day on the couch, usually on the back by the window. That's Toni's foot and elbow in the picture. Relevant!


4 comments:

Toni said...

I like this post, because it's so much about me, but you forgot to mention how you are adopting Amelia and I and we are going to have bunk beds and everything.

Kyle said...

I didn't want to say anything until the adoption agency had cleared both adoptions.

Unknown said...

Come back Cheeto, come back!
(That's all I'm saying...)

Kyle said...

Hiding hiding.