Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The party . . . after everybody left

(Posted by Kyle)



We had a great weekend hosting lots of out of town friends, throwing a big potluck in their honor and then not taking a single picture. You will just have to imagine all the laughing, smiling people eating really good food in the picture above. Really, it was like something out of the Great Gatsby.



We had many people and dogs staying over on Saturday, so we set up tents in the backyard. Steph and I and Willow stayed in one, and John stayed in the other. It's the only camping we've done all summer.




Sunday morning we hosted a brunch potluck and held the west coast viewing premiere of "Muscatine! The Musical" in honor of all the former Muscatine, IA residents who were present. Needless to say, it was a huge success.




But the best part of the weekend was finally getting to meet Ella. She is an adorable bundle of joy and energy. Come back soon!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

WTF!?? I tried to again subscribe to your RSS feed and got a message that I don't have authorization to read this flippin' blog! This blog has pics of me, my kid, and my hubby....
Anyways...LOVED seeing you all again! Eager for the next meeting of the minds...Kitty COME BACK!!!!!

Kyle said...

Yeah, I'm stumped. I looked through all the settings and couldn't find anything about RSS feeds.

Kyle said...

I suspect it has something to do with the fact that we have the blog set for invite only, and that confuses the browser. But I really don't know. I signed in and couldn't get it to work either.

Toni said...

A little more lavish than the Great Gatsby I think.