Thursday, October 8, 2009

Meatscapes, or This Is What Happens When I Blog On A Fasting Day

(Posted by Kyle)


Has anyone else noticed/been enthralled by the recent magazine ad campaigns by Oscar Meyer and the beef industry? I don't know if it's my limited consumption of meat or what, but I can't stop clipping these things.




Oscar Meyer has a breakfast theme going. I especially like the scrambled egg mountains in this one.





However, I think they are outdone in this photo by the french toast alps and their powdered sugar white caps. I also like the hash brown ground. I would like to run bare foot through this landscape and eat the fences. (On the other hand, think about how greasy this world must be.)


The beef industry, unsurprisingly, sticks to using large chunks of beef in their meatscapes. Sometimes to disturbing effect:





(Looks like the broccoli lobby got some greens added to this one.)





That's all I've got. So long from "the land of lean beef."


4 comments:

Yeah, it's ma blog. said...

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been this delighted and disturbed at the same time. Thanks for introducing me to this new ad/art form.

Kyle said...

Steph found this link, if you need more:

http://www.machineanimalcollages.com/

Click on 'meatscapes' and get ready to be more disturbed than delighted.

Yeah, it's ma blog. said...

Oh my freaking god, those are gooooood.

Unknown said...

Gross